Thursday, August 7, 2008

First Day Of Training

You know how when you start a new job you pray that they person thats training you is nice and not a total bitch? Well thats what I was praying for the whole car ride to Hooters. I knew they wouldn't give me a total airhead, but most smart girls at Hooters are just bitches.
So I walk into there with a layer of clothes over my boob-baring, crotch-hugging, uniform; hoping my trainer would be there to great me. Nope. I was showed by the manager where to put my stuff and my extra layer of clothing. It's so much easier to wear the uniform there, those damn stockings are like spanx!

I walked out all "Hooter-ish" to see the manager randomly assign me to a girl. Small, cute, skinny, and obviously wearing a push-up, but then again it seemed like you were either the chunky girl with real boobs, or the skinny girl with the obvious water-bra.
She really knew her menu, steps of service, liquors, beers, and specials. I learned all the information just like I would at my old restaurant jobs.

Everything went smoothly, except for running into a girl and getting soda on me. Still the other girls have yet to say anything to me. Kinda sad 8 girls and only my trainer spoke with me. I had to start conversations with them and most we unresponsive. Typical. Seriously will these girls lighten up?

At least I know I'll make some money, at least thats what 2 of her tables were talking to each other about.

My trainer had a guy not tip her at all. It's my biggest pet-peeve. Please tip your waiter and waitress at least 20% and if they were truly great a little more will help. They don't get paid hourly and their lives rely on you tipping them properly. Plus if you don't they will remember you and next time you come in no good server will ever want you and you'll get that new kid who spills stuff on you, gives you cold food, and forgets your drink on every visit. I bet you'll love that. They also know other servers in other restaurants so don't just think it will be just there.

Enough preaching... second day of training is tomorrow. I hope I don't get a bitch ha ha!

No comments: